Nottingham Lace Appliqué Craft Kit: design your own appliqué
This Nottingham Lace Appliqué Craft Kit is great for textile fanatics as you learn the beautiful technique of appliqué. With a guide to build your compositions from an array of Nottingham Lace trims, use our useful stitch-guide to add primary and decorative stitch techniques.
Appliqué is a needlework process whereby swatches of fabric cut in different shapes and patterns are sewn or stuck to a large piece of material to form a picture or pattern.
In your Nottingham Lace Appliqué Craft Kit, you’ll be provided with a calico base fabric set in wood-stained embroidery hoop, ready to begin your textile creation. Your piece can be finished in three ways! Use the handy brass wall tack, to hang your piece for a distinctive art piece, or attach a brooch back or hair comb to create into a gorgeous accessory.
We work with ninth generation Lever’s Lace producers, Cluny Lace, for our superior quality and intricately patterned Nottingham Lace fabrics and trims – which are inspired by design ideas dating back to the 1600’s. Based just eight miles away from our Lace Market design studio and gallery.
Notably in 2012, Cluny Lace provided the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace with lace to produce Kate Middleton’s royal lace appliqué for her veil and shoes – for her wedding to Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.
Included in your craft kit:
- How-To postcard: A6, designed by Debbie Bryan, printed in the UK
- Stitch guide: A4 double sided, designed by Debbie Bryan, printed in the UK
- 7, 10 or 13cm embroidery hoop with calico
- 5 x 10cm white and ecru Nottingham Lace trims
- Nottingham Lace net
- Pearl head pins
- White beads
- Embroidery threads
- 2 x embroidery needles
- Fine point embroidery scissors
- Hair comb
- Brooch back
- Brass wall tack
- 7cm hoop will arrive in a 142 x 102mm reusable tin box
- 10cm hoop will arrive in a 169 x 130mm reusable tin box
- 13cm hoop will arrive in a 195 x 153mm reusable tin box
Skill level – suitable for all levels
- Suitable for children with adult supervision
Spotted a gift from the gallery? Get in touch via WhatsApp to discuss
Please read our additional terms when purchasing: Delivery, terms & returns