Nottingham Lace Appliqué Crafternoon
Your Nottingham Lace Appliqué Crafternoon includes an introduction from the Debbie Bryan team on tips and techniques, before you’ll be set on your way to creating your own design.
We work with ninth generation Lever’s Lace producers, Cluny Lace, for our superior quality and intricately patterned Nottingham Lace fabrics – which are inspired by design ideas dating back to the 1600’s. Based just eight miles away from our Lace Market design studio and gallery.
Notably; in 2012, Cluny Lace provided the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace with lace to produce Kate Middleton’s royal lace appliqué for her veil and shoes – for her wedding to Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.
Our Lace producers are also associated with and create fabric for global brands Burberry, Jigsaw, Vivienne Westwood, Paul Smith, Dolce and Gabbana, Etro, and Christian Dior.
What’s provided for your Nottingham Lace Appliqué Crafternoon
- Nottingham Lace trims*
- Hand dyed Nottingham Lace
- 10cm embroidery hoop
- Embroidery threads
- Sewing threads
- Hand embroidery stitch guide: A4 double sided, designed by Debbie Bryan, printed in the UK
- How-To postcard: A6, designed by Debbie Bryan, printed in the UK
- Heritage card detailing our Nottingham Lace Archival history: A7, designed by Debbie Bryan, printed in the UK
*Nottingham Lace Trims
Our lace trims are repeat patterns, the designs of the trims will vary. But rest assured, we are very considerate with our selection process!
With your choice of tea or freshly ground coffee and a chocolate fudge brownie!
With Afternoon Tea
A popular choice! With a trio of freshly prepared sandwiches, freshly baked fruit scone, with all the trimmings, plus a duo of homemade sweet treats. Also includes your choice of tea or coffee from our tea room menu. See our Menu tab for full details.
Fancy doing this craft at home? Explore and purchase our Nottingham Lace Appliqué Craft Kit here!
Find and follow us online @debbiebryanshop
With tea and brownie
You will be allocated 1.5 hours for your visit. If you are looking to visit for longer to enjoy additional food, drinks or craft from our menus, we recommend confirming when arranging your visit to ensure your table is available past your allocated time slot.
To allow you this visiting time, our last booking slots are 2 hours before closure.
With Afternoon Tea
You will be allocated 2.5 hours for your visit. If you are looking to visit for longer to enjoy additional food, drinks or craft from our menus, we recommend confirming when arranging your visit to ensure your table is available past your allocated time slot.
To allow you this visiting time, our last booking slots are 3 hours before closure.
- If you’d like to retain your purchase for a future visit, you can contact us when you have decided on your visiting date. Please contact us here.
- You’ll be allocated an hour and a half for your booking; if you are looking to visit for longer to enjoy food or drinks from our menu, we would recommend confirming when arranging your visit.
Gifting to a loved one?
- Leave an order note at check-out and we can email you an e-voucher to download and share with them!
- Your recipient can then arrange their visit via our contact form here.
- Quoting your order number as their verification (order number is detailed on your confirmation email).
- To be redeemed within 12 months.
18 St. Mary’s Gate
Please note, there are two steps to enter the building, please get in touch to discuss any accessibility support required.
15 High Street
Please note, we will be using both our ground floor and first floor for this Creative Class, please get in touch to discuss any accessibility support required.